Bored with Your Skateboarding? Ideas to Fight Beginner Frustration June 17 2013, 0 Comments
Another reasons they quit is because they don't know enough about beginner skateboard options and moves. Many newbs watch lots of videos and see advanced skateboarders nail all kinds of gnarley tricks and get frustrated because you don't know how to get there.
You need to change it up. Its really helpful to know your options relative to your current skills. The list below are ideas to help you progress when you are stuck. When you learn any of these, it will help you get over your boredom...I guarantee it.
Skateboard Ideas for Beginners...(Flagged * tricks are great for SkaterTrainer)
- Ride around town. Everywhere you can.
- Ride down hills. Ride faster and faster until it scares you.
- Pick a line to ride. Ride down a hill and set up your own virtual slalom / obstacle course.
- Manuals * (Wheelie with front trucks in the Air)..........
- Nose Manuals*(Wheelie with the back trucks in the Air)
- Frontside Kick Turn*.
- Backside Kick Turn*
- Tic-Tac*. Try hard so you can actually go up a hill without pushing
- Ride off of curb/ sidewalks. Start with a 6 inch drop or less. Just pick up hour front wheels and fall off
- Ride Switch (backwards)
- Ollie* You must learn this.
- Carving / pumping
- Ride over steep transition or small obstacles in a skatepark
- Drop in on a small ramp or bank
- Watch beginner videos on youtube for more ideas on beginner skateboard
After you get some of this list, try anything, but realize it is a progression. Kickflips, heel flips, pressure flips, frontside shoveits, backside shoveits, 180 ollie, laser flips, 360 flips, big spins....the list goes on and on.
Any questions or comments, just post below!